I’m not really one of those “new year, new me” people. I like to think I’m pretty awesome, so I’ll just keep on doing that.
However, I do like lists, and I like looking back at the year I just left behind. When I read Julie‘s blog post about 50 happy things, I decided I would do it too. You should read it, she’s hilarious! Apparently, you’re supposed to list 50 things in 10 minutes, but I don’t like being told what to do, so I’m going to take as long as I want.
This is not in any particular order.
- Becoming an aunt.
- Baby kisses.
- Baby laughter.
- Watching my sister be a mom.
- Going on a road trip with my best friend.
- Driving to a monastary for cheese, while on this road trip.
- Being creeped out because it was in the middle of nowhere.
- Running away from a nun (or other religious person). I don’t think she saw us.
- Making (and eating) scones.
- Trying Crossfit.
- Falling down because of Crossfit.
- Going to Costa Rica for the third time.
- Seeing a volcano.
- Hiking up a volcano in flip-flops because the airline lost my backpack.
- Being at Peace Retreat.
- Stand-up paddle board.
- Cooking Thanksgiving dinner with my cousins.
- Being really healthy.
- Drinking lots of tea.
- Going to San Diego with one of my best friends.
- My fitbit.
- The Pacific ocean.
- Watching Jessica Jones.
- Going to Paint Nite twice.
- Road trip with my family.
- Making my niece laugh.
- Asking the flight attendant for help listing all 50 states, and having her sing us a song she learned when she was little.
- Wearing dresses.
- Dressing up as a cavewoman at school for a unit on the paleolithic era.
- Sleeping in.
- Starting the process of buying a house (it’s not official yet!)
- Getting a Kate Spade handbag.
- Little cousins.
- Reading “The life-changing magic of tidying-up”.
- Going all Konmari on my clothes.
- Watching my parents become grandparents.
- Seeing my niece make people laugh by fake-laughing (especially my mom!)
- Going to the San Diego zoo.
- Designing my new house on Pinterest.
- Sewing with my students.
- Laughing with my best friend. We are hilarious.
- Winning 20$ on a lottery ticket.
- Arranging my bookshelf by colour.
- Making apple pie with my mom, my sister and my niece.
- Redecorating my bedroom.
Wow, 50 is a lot! However, I could keep going. 2015 was a difficult year, as I lost a family member I cared for very much, but there was a lot of good in there too! Here’s to making 2016 even more fabulous!
8 thoughts on “50 happy things”
Awww, such a lovely list. (Fifteen for cheese! – Never Again!) 😉
I agree, we are hilarious. Also, you never told me about your lottery wins, we could have gone on a mini shopping spree! haha
Notice you were on that list quite a bit? 😉 When we do silly things together, it makes me happy!
Lotto wins! High five!
You’ll have to tell me some Costa Rica tips. We’ll be going for first time in 2016, mostly to fish but I’m sure we’ll do other things.
Thank you so much for the shout out! (Mine took longer than 10 minutes too. I’m such a liar. Lol)
Costa Rica is my favourite place on earth! I haven’t fished there, but I did go paddleboarding on a river, and was very scared I would get eaten by a crocodile. Thankfully, I’m still alive! I always go to the same place, a small town on the west coast, but the whole country is beautiful and people are very laid back. Have fun, I know it will be awesome! 🙂
Loved the Thansgiving too….nice list
Thanks! I think we’ve inherited that dinner, so we get to do it again next year 😉
One time my husband won $6 on a lotto ticket and he DIDN’T CARE! He was all like “Oh yeah, whatever” and EVERYONE ELSE WE KNOW was like “Dude! You WON!”
Also, we were surfers in the 90s.