You might think your dad is awesome, but you haven’t met mine. His name is Pop. Or Steve. But I prefer Pop. There are so many reasons I love my dad. I can’t list them all, because the list would never end, but here are a few.
– I got a dress for my high school graduation, then I decided I didn’t like it anymore and I wanted another dress I had seen. My dad went to the store to look for it so I would be happy. The dress wasn’t there anymore, but it didn’t matter.
– He took me fishing even though it was supposed to be ‘quiet time’ and I talked constantly.
– He said he was going to get me a new house key and I said I wanted it to be pink. He got me pink with palm trees.
– He’s funny.
– No one will ever be as strong or as brave to me as my dad is.
– He will spend an hour texting me to explain, yet again, how to download music.
– He is my computer technician, my mechanic, my hero.
– When I was little, I read a lot. He told me I would surely write a book one day, because I had read so many I would know how when the time came. I still believe I will write a book, because my dad believes I can.
– The first time I cooked a turkey, I called him four times. He had all the answers.
– I cheer for the Boston Bruins, because that’s my dad’s team and my dad knows best.
– I remember wanting to be an artist. My dad built me an easel so I could paint outside. I still can’t draw a stick figure, but I loved that easel.
– He also built me bunk beds for my dolls. No one else had that.
– He thaught me how to listen, how to work hard and how to enjoy the small things.
– He worked so hard to give me everything I ever needed.
– He came get me when the check engine light in my car went on, so I wouldn’t miss my sister’s birthday party. Then he drove me home, for a total of six hours on his part, all so we could be together as a family for dinner.
– If I have a flat tire, I call my dad.
– If I see a mouse, I call my dad.
– If I need anything at all, I call my dad.
So you see, although your dad might be pretty cool, I can’t imagine a dad as awesome as mine!
Je t’aime Pop! Joyeuse fête des pères! xxx