Today is a cloudy, almost rainy day. Instead of going for a run, I figured I would just blog about running. That’s kind of the same thing, right?
Sometimes, I feel like I’m cheating by calling myself a runner. Runners are athletic people. They run marathons. They eat (or drink?) those little gel packet things. They have weird running shoes with toes. A 5k run is a breeze.
I have to train to run a 5k. But, I’m guessing even the runners had to start somewhere. They must have trained for a 5k at some point. What I wonder is, what motivates someone to run a marathon? Those things can kill you. My reasons for running seem to be very different from other people. Then again, I’ve never asked anyone why they run.
This is why I run:
– To run away from a bad day.
– Because I can.
– I like the sound my feet make on the pavement.
– I enjoy the adrenaline rush.
– Runners are cool.
– Because I love it. I can’t explain it, it’s just fun.
– It’s more exciting than going for a walk.
– Sometimes, because I over did it on the brownies.
– When I’m running, nothing else matters.
– After a run, I feel like I’ve accomplished something amazing.
Actually, those seem like pretty good reasons to run, now that I’ve written them down. I think I’ve actually managed to motivate myself to go running. Yay me!
What are your reasons for running?