Remember playing tag? Freeze tag, chain tag, and my favourite, BBQ tag. If you’re not familiar with BBQ tag, it’s pretty simple: when you catch someone, you have to kiss them. Made for some interesting playground time! I actually played tag (the regular kind) the other day with my students. It’s not easy running in ballet flats and a skirt, but it is fun.
Today, I got tagged by Miss Four Eyes. This is a grown-up, blogging version of tag! You don’t really get to say “you’re it!”, but it’s still a game. We don’t play enough as adults, so I decided to give it a try.
Here are the rules (Anyone who’s spent any time at all on a playground knows that rules are very, very important. Otherwise that girl who tries to tell everyone what to do will ruin it for everyone.)
- You must post the rules.
- Post eleven fun facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
- Tag eleven people and link them on your post.
- Let them know you’ve tagged them.
First, the questions from Miss Four Eyes.
1. What do you really think about George Washington’s pants?
I don’t think anything about his pants. I’m Canadian. What’s up with his pants?
2. If I gave you a penny, what would you do with it?
Smile awkwardly, say thank you and throw it in my purse. I will use it next time I run out of cash and the coffee shop does not have interact and I’m digging through my purse for enough change to get a cup of tea and a lemon muffin.
3.What is your toilet paper preference?
Whatever is on sale. Why pay lots of money for something you flush?
4. Would you live in a house made of candy?
Yes and no. Yes, because I love candy. Also, it would be like Candyland. Or a Katy Perry video. Or maybe Hansel and Gretel. Which brings me to no. No, because I would get fat from eating all the candy, as I have no willpower, then a witch might try to eat me. And there would be ants everywhere.
5. What do you think is the best feeling ever?
Surviving a hot yoga class. Or maybe eating an entire chocolate bar without anyone knowing.
6. What determines a hot butt?
Humm. A hot butt is one you want to see when the person in front of you is doing cat/cow.
7. If I gave you $100, would you eat a worm?
For 100$? No way! Maybe for a million dollars or a lululemon gift card. Nothing less than that.
8. Would you work in a circus?
Yes! I would be a trapeze artist! I would find a way to work out my fear of plunging to my death. But it has to be a circus that doesn’t have any clowns. I don’t like clowns.
9. Do you really like high-fiving people?
No, I don’t like it at all. I’m never sure when the right time to high five someone is, and I’m always afraid I’ll miss.
10. If you had a catch phrase what would it be?
Get up, be amazing, go back to bed.
11. What do you think about peeing on a fire hydrant?
Myself? No thanks. But for dogs, it’s great. It’s a cliché, but hey, it works!
Now, fun facts about me.
1. When I am in a difficult situation, I ask myself “WWBD?” What would Buffy do?
2. When I get home, I take of my socks and shoes and put on my flip flops, even in the winter.
3. I have a whole closet for my dresses. Yes, I am aware that I have a problem.
4. I love Britney. Always have, always will.
5. I would make an awesome rockstar.
6. I like baking. Cupcakes, cookies, cakes, you name it, I make it. And eat it.
7. I’m trying to bring the crimped hair look back.
8. I don’t like sushi.
9. I don’t believe in e-readers. I love books as much as I love to read.
10. I change my hair colour often.
11. I have a One Tree Hill obssession. I would live in Tree Hill if I could.
Now my questions!
1. What do you want to be when you grow up?
2. What was the last thing that made you smile?
3. What is your best memory ever?
4. When was the last time you played?
5. What would your superhero powers be?
6. Do you know how to start a camp fire?
7. Do you sing in the shower?
8. What was your favourite childhood tv show?
9. Would you rather be the tooth fairy or the Easter Bunny?
10. Chocolate or vanilla?
11. What are you reading?
I get to tag these people without having to run after them!
And now, I leave you with the picture I will use to apply to the circus.